FAQ's Rick's Sheds & Gazebos!
Ricks Sheds has been in the Shed and Outdoor furniture business since 1980 and have been dedicated to providing the best service to our customers to achieve complete satisfaction. Ricks Sheds would like to help our customers out by providing a list of IMPORTANT information that can help you avoid any disagreement before purchasing our products.
- Communication is the number one important factor when installing an outdoor structure. Communication between Ricks Sheds and the communication between house owners or spouses are both really crucial to ensure that the project is beneficial for both parties.
- Zoning and Permits
- Before a shed is to be delivered to a property it is important to do some research on the zoning rules and regulations in your specific township. This is a common overlook for some shed buyers. Many townships have specific laws and regulations that differ from other surrounding areas. A good example of this is in the township of Brookhaven PA, you are required by law to obtain building and zoning permits before you can put a shed on your property.
- Transportation and Installation
- Many people are unaware that moving a shed to your property isn't always the easiest task. There is a bunch of criteria that you need to be aware of before you get your shed of at its end destination.
- The first rule before getting your shed delivered is, that your yard access point must be 2 feet larger than the shed. If this isn't the case, the shed will not be able to be installed that day and you will still be charged for the shed delivery for that particular day. If the driver is unable to get your shed to its destination by truck, the drivers are required to roll the shed onto the site. This adds and additional rolling charge that is based on the distance of how far the shed needs to travel.
- Second, before installing the shed or any structure, it is important that the site of the shed is level before installation. If the area is not level the shed will not be able to be installed. Ricks Sheds has a professional team can provide the service of blocking and leveling off the designated area with an additional charge added to the overall installation.
- Last, while blocking and leveling is required for any install, it's by no means the most durable and reliable structure to put your shed on. Foundations are the preferred and most durable structure to keep your shed in great shape. These stone foundations consist of 4 inches of 3/4 crushed stone (pressure treated 4x4 borders are an additional cost.) Concrete foundations are constructed of 4" pour of 3500 pound concrete mix, crushed stone can sometimes be used id determined to be necessary by the crew.
- Site Inspections
- We suggest that all of our customers get a site inspection provided by us to ensure that there are no issues when performing an install. This can prevent any delays and problems that might occur going forward. At this time we can also provide you with advice or suggestion to make your shed last longer on your property as well as tips for upkeep and maintenance. If the customer chooses not to get a site inspection, they must provide pictures showing access points to the site and site location.
- Payment Process
- The last thing that you need to keep in mind is the payment process. If a balance is not paid prior to delivery, only cash, certified checks, money orders or credit card payment will be accepted. Personal checks will not be accepted at the time of delivery. Also a $25.00 fee will be charged for any changes to an order. No changes can be made to an order after seven days. Any changes made can also delay delivery.
If you communicate well and are familiar with our policies and request, each experience with Rick's Sheds should be a success. If you have any questions about our requests or policies please be sure to give us a call at (610) 494-7433